Pages

Ads 468x60px

Thursday, August 11, 2011

A doctor's appointment. or lack thereof....


This morning I had hoped to post a blog about my very real irrational fear of all things medical. If you remember back to you remember back to my hospital tour post, I have already determined there is sufficient room for me to pass out in the delivery room without hitting my head. Yesterday we had a doctor’s appointment so I assumed this would provide me with ample scenarios where I was scared to death of absolutely nothing for all my readers to chuckle at. This, however, was not the case. You will need to wait until next week when I need to have blood drawn in order to start picking on me.

What I did gather at the doctors appointment, worthy of a blog post, was more frustration. Seems to be a theme lately. The doctor’s office that my wife goes to is an amalgam of different doctors that treat just about every ailment. This means only one thing to me; we have to wait forever to see a doctor.

I left work at 9 yesterday to get over to a 9:20 appointment. We checked in at 9:15. Then we proceeded to sit in the waiting room until 9:45 until the doctor finally called us in. By the time my wife actually got to see the doctor, I already had to leave to go back to work for another meeting.

This kind of stuff bugs the heck out of me. Why make an appointment if you have no intentions of keeping it? If we had been the ones 30 minutes behind schedule, we would have gotten scolded and probably wouldn’t have been able to see the doctor at all. But, it is no big deal if the doctor runs that late. I think they should pay me for the time wasted sitting there. Any thoughts? Am I being too irrational with my obsession of schedules and time? Is it unreasonable for me to expect a licensed professional to keep an appointment?

You decide….P@

0 comments:

Post a Comment